Let’s face it, 2020 has been a tough year.
First the pandemic; then being sent home to work; then finding it hard to contact people—who are also working from home…
Now that fall is almost upon us, things are still up in the air: are our kids going back to school? Are we going back into the office? Are prospects going to answer their phones?
In a sea of uncertainty, one thing is sure: we still have quotas to reach, bills to pay, and life will go on.
Here are 5 things you can do right now to prepare for a good fall, and a happy holiday season to come:
1. Don’t give up. Oh, I know, while you may not be able to see your way out of things right now, remember that things will change. More and more companies are opening up; each one of these companies have goals and quotas just like you. They want to—and need to—buy what you are selling. And they will.
So, work on adjusting your attitude and start visualizing the end of this year as much more productive than it’s been. Remember: It all starts with our attitudes.
2. Start with your existing client base. While it may be difficult to reach lots of new clients by phone, you probably do have the phone numbers of your existing clients. Call them this week; reconnect with them. And then ask for referrals.
Any referrals will do: Referrals in other departments of their company, other locations, other contacts they know. And don’t forget to get a handle on their needs this fall. Why not write a pre-order right now?
3. Re-write your email campaign. Many clients I work with are having big success by re-writing and re-organizing a drip email campaign for prospects. Question: When was the last time you rewrote your email campaign?
Start by updating your email message; for instance, change the “I hope you and your family are safe…” Way out dated. Need ideas? See here.
4. Make a production plan. And I don’t mean a “quota” production plan, I mean an activity plan. Do you have a specific goal for number of calls and emails you’re going make and send each and every day? Are you tracking it? Are you reaching it?
Someone once said that if you’re not planning, then you’re planning to fail. It doesn’t matter what your results are in the short term, what matters is your consistent activity level each and every day. If you put in the work—you’ll get results.
5. Put reinforcements in place. Make sure you devise ways of rewarding yourself when you reach your goals. Did you make your production goals today? Reward yourself. Did you reach your quota goal this month? Take yourself and your spouse/family out to a nice (socially distanced) meal.
We all need to take care of ourselves and give ourselves the motivation we need to succeed—especially in this environment. So, think about what you enjoy and reward yourself accordingly.
Practice these strategies this week, and begin looking forward to a happy and accomplished fall and holiday season this year. You deserve it.
Need More Proven Responses to the Selling Situations You Face Every Day?
ON DEMAND SALES TRAINING THAT GETS RESULTS!
If your team is struggling with call reluctance and is tired of the endless rejection they face, then get instant access to our On Demand training today. We provide the exact talk tracks, templates, and proven tools your team will be motivated to apply, all structured around an award winning comprehensive inside sales approach that gives your team the confidence to succeed in every selling situation they face today.
Unlimited License: One to 100 reps can attend for one low price!
Perfect for reps dealing with the following issues:
- Reps struggling with call reluctance
- Getting screened out by the gatekeeper
- Overcoming blow off objections like, “Just email me something”
- Identifying decision makers
- Qualifying prospects
- Setting call back appointments that stick
- Giving successful presentations and dealing with objections
- Staying motivated