Sounds too good to be true, doesn?t it? Stan Billue, a top telemarketing sales trainer in the late 80?s, claimed that he had a sure fire technique that could double your sales in 90 days if you just followed it. So I did. And it worked!
The technique? Record your calls. Everything that you are doing right, and every area you need to improve in will be revealed to you in just a few hours. By being able to calmly listen to your qualifying/closing calls all the way through, here are just a few of things you?ll hear that you?re probably missing:
- What your prospect?s true buying motives are.
- What your prospect?s objections are.
- Whether or not you listened to these and answered them.
- Whether you were listening at all.
- How often you talked past the close.
- How many objections you created.
- Whether you heard their objections and answered them and then confirmed your answer and asked for the order?or just kept pitching!
Everything will be there on tape and you and your manager can then go about correcting your technique and immediately improving your success on the phone. The bottom line for all sales teams and sales reps is that if your fundamentals and techniques are wrong, then you will keep getting the same results — you won’t make quotas, you will be frustrated at the end of each day, and you won’t improve. Period.
You must correct the fundamental problems. And to do this you must first know what they are! Recording your calls is the fastest, easiest, and best way to do this. All highly successful companies do this all the time. Start listening to the next on hold message you get and I’ll bet you hear, ?Please note that this call is being recorded for training and quality assurance.? Guess what they are doing with these recordings? They are using them to train and improve their inside sales teams!
Without a doubt, this one technique was the most important thing I did that catapulted me into the Top 20%. I relentlessly recorded myself and began improving in all areas and on each and every call. I listened to them at lunch, on the drive home, with my manager, etc. Because of recording myself, I literally doubled my income in 90 days. And I never looked back.
For managers and business owners, recording your sales reps is the single most important thing you can do to increase revenues. Among other things, if you:
- Want to know why someone is in making sales? Record them and you’ll have your answer in a day.
- Want to see if your training is working? Record them before and after see how many reps are implementing your training.
- Want great sales training material for your next meeting? Record your top reps and play the good parts in your next meeting.
Bottom line — if you want to double your sales and income selling over the phone, and want the fastest most effective way to do this, then go to Radio Shack today (or search online) and have a recorder in place tomorrow. Start recording and listening to your tapes, correcting your fundamentals, and watch your closing rate and income soar.